Read

Monday, May 19, 2008

What can I say?

Hello and welcome to day one, eh. My boys would appreciate that, being as we started out in the great white north. I chose the name Story Painter for my blog because I am an author and an illustrator. I can't write a story without seeing pictures running through my brain and I can't paint a picture without a story forming in my mind. Kind of schizophrenic in a way. I'm a bit new to the illustration part. I did have formal art foundations at BYU way back when, but I'm just starting to blow the dust off my brushes and try to remember how light and shadow can affect depth and all that technical stuff.

The best part about all of this is that I have two things that I absolutely love to do, and writing for children often brings them both together for me. I think there must be others out there who are wanting to write and illustrate, and I'd like to use this blog as a way to help them out as I learn things about illustration and writing.

Stick with me, I'll try to post at least weekly and do a little research along the way that might be of help to any newbies out there who are dying to learn how to write and paint for kids.

7 comments:

ali said...

Hello Cathy!

Welcome to BlogWorld!

I'm so glad you've joined us. I'll look forward to reading your blog each week!

YAY for you!

Candace E. Salima said...

Welcome to Blogland Cathy. Please drop by my blog, locate the link for LDSBlogs Webring and join our community. We'd love to have you on board.

Rebecca Talley said...

Woo hoo for you. Welcome, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Glad to see you here. I'll look forward to your posts.ugsnchdm

G. Parker said...

What a great start! good job. Your gonna do great.

C.L. Beck said...

Cathy,
WAHOO! Glad to see you started a blog. I look forward to reading your portentous words of wisdom! :)

Glenna said...

Yay for you, Cathy! I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts and ideas and everything about the fam.

09 10