Read

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lookybook

Have you heard of Lookybook? Well now you have. Lookybook has been rated by Time Magazine as one of the top 50 new websites this year. It is a place that you can go and not only see the darling covers of children's picture books, but actually open the pages and read the darn things. Then after you read them, you can give them your rating, rant and rave about them, or tear them to bits, and build your personal library of children's books. Cool, eh. I would recommend this site to writers and illustrators alike. It's a great place to find awesome illustration and fun writing to boot. Books are new, new, new, and are what publishers are putting out right now. It's a great place for newbies to see what's out there. To find Lookybook, go to http://www.lookybook.com/ or click on Lookybook under Links For Children's Writers on my blog. Now go looky at some bookys.

4 comments:

Kellie Buckner said...

Cathy, thanks for the comment on my blog! My kids are definitely a riot! Sometimes I do have to remind myself that they grow up fast though. I'm always thinking how nice it will be when they're in school and I'll actually have some time to myself that doesn't include locking myself in the bathroom.
I love the Lookybook! That is awesome. This is going to be a favorite site of mine, I can tell! Thanks for posting it!

Tristi Pinkston said...

I will send you a book! E-mail me and give me your address again, okay?

tristi AT tristipinkston.com

Randall McNeely said...

Cathy,

Thanks for the info! I've got a ton of ideas right now for children's picture books. I'm really excited to thoroughly peruse Lookybook.

Randy

Cindy Beck said...

Cathy,
Thanks for the Looky-book link. It sounds cool! :)

09 10