Read

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Do You NaNo?

Well yes, I am in the depths of the NaNo WriMo experience. What is NaNo WriMo you ask? It's National Novel Writing Month, and it's intense. You are supposed to write 1000 words a day. You aren't supposed to do any reasearch or re-read what you have written. There are a lot of rules on the official NaNo website http://www.nanowrimo.org/ but for most of us, the main thing is just to write like crazy and let the creativity flow.
The idea is to get a whole novel written in a month. I have heard that a lot of people have done it. I don't know who these super hero writing fiends are, but after only a few days of trying to meet my word quota and failing miserably, I must say I admire those who actually follow through. But I have to ask, where are your kids? C'mon did you send them to boarding school for the week. What about your husband? You sent him on a brother's only cruise, right. Even the dog wants my attention, sheesh.
So I made a bookmark for all you intrepid NaNo WriMo participants. Drop me a line and I'll send you one. If you can't quite see the quote, it says : To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time. Leonard Bernstein

4 comments:

L.T. Elliot said...

I'm trying to survive Nano. I've had to settle for a lot less and I'm not quite sure I'd do this every month. I had to take a day off to clean house, feed kids, and shower. Yes, shower.

Connie Hall said...

This is great Cathy. Thanks for doing this.

G. Parker said...

I want one Cathy!! thanks!!

Cindy Beck said...

Love the bookmark and quote. The quote is soooooo true, too.

I'd ask for you to send me a bookmark, but I'm not doing NaNoWriMo. Maybe next year, though.

By the way, thanks for stopping by my blog and our humor blog as often as you do. You're so sweet!

09 10