Read

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mormon Mishaps and Mischief Blog Tour and Contest

Here is What USA Today had to say about Mormon Mishaps and Mischief:In chronicling various true, humorous anecdotes, "Mormon Mishaps and Mischief" exposes Mormonism for what it truly is: a religion made up of normal people. From ecclesiastical foot-in-mouth moments to tender yet humorous moments of youthful innocence, Giles and Beck have compiled an easy-reading treasure trove of humorous vignettes.
I would have to agree. This book is full of witty anecdotes that give you a boost of laughing juice. Just what is needed in todays hectic lifestyle. It's a great gift for Valentines Day, an anniversary, birthday, or just if you are in need of a chuckle. It's great for stress relief or joy-uptake.
This incredible book can be purchased at these fine locations - Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Borders, The BYU Bookstore or Deseret Book.

If you would like to have your book signed by one of it's awesome authors, you can attend a book signing at one of these events,

Feb 11, Thurs., 11:45a-1:00p.
BYU BOOKSTORE
Wilkinson Center
BYU, Provo, UT

Mar 9, Tues., 3:00-7:00p.
Santaquin Library Fundraiser
20 W 100 S
Santaquin, UT
A portion of all sales will go to help the library!

And now, what you have all been waiting for...THE CONTEST!
From now, until February 19th, you can enter to win a $20 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble. Here's how. C.L. Beck and D.N. Giles will draw a random winner from all of the stops on the blog tour. For more chances to win, visit the LDS Humor Blog to see the other blogs participating or go to the list at the bottom of this page. Winner to be announced Monday, February 22nd.

Leave a comment on my blog each time you enter the contest. Here are the steps:
1. Become a follower on my blog. I'm so lonely.
2. Write a wonderful review of the book on one or all of these sites: Amazon, Deseret Book, Goodreads, Shelfari, or other review sites. Leave a comment for each and a link to your review on my blog so I can read your inspiring words.
3. Blog about the book and the contest. Link back to the LDS Humor Blog and the Mishaps Website.
4. Tweet or FB this review.

Blog Tour as follows
Feb 5th ~Rachelle Christensen: Rachelle Writes
Feb 6th ~Ronda Hinrichsen: The Write Blocks
Feb 9th ~Connie Hall: C.LaRene Hall
Feb 10th ~Cathy Witbeck: Story Painter
Feb 11th ~Dan Olsen: Dan Olsen's Weblog
Feb 12th ~Danyelle Ferguson: Queen of the Clan

You can click on these blog links and the link to LDS Humor Blog and the Mishaps Website under blogs I like to visit.

10 comments:

Valerie Ipson said...

I just became a follower.

Nichole Giles said...

Thanks for the awesome review, Cathy!

Nichole (and Cindy)

L.T. Elliot said...

I loved the book. It was a great read and now my hubby takes it to work to tell jokes to his co-workers. ;)

Elizabeth Morgan said...

I became a follower. I also posted about this on my blog.

Cindy (C.L.) Beck said...

Cathy: Thanks for the great review and the USA Today quote!

And I tried to become a follower, but since I already was one, it just didn't want to let me do it a second time. :)

Taffy said...

I am a follower!
Good post about the book!

Taffy said...

I blogged the contest here:
http://taffyscandy.blogspot.com/2010/02/contest-time.html

Taffy said...

I twitted!

Taffy said...

I also put it on FB

Cathy Witbeck said...

And the winner is, Anne, on Queen of the Clan's Blog. Congrat's Anne. Thanks to all of those who participated in this tour.

09 10