Read

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mrs. Fix It

Here's my list for today.1- Put up a new light fixture outside our kitchen door. 2- fix the kitchen drawer that fell in on itself. 3- Drill a hole for a knob on the cabinet door I replaced a few weeks ago. 4- Put a new screw in the little decorative shelf that fell off the wall. 5- Sew buttons on several skirts and pants. 6- Hem the bed skirt that is about an inch too long for our bed. 7- Finish the laundry because the boys have run out of socks.
Where the heck do I fit writing in there. Life is full of so many demands on our time.
What do you do to balance 'The list' with your writing time?

4 comments:

Taffy said...

I've decided I need a day where I do all the mundane tasks around the house, you know, like fix dinner, then I devote at least 5 other days to writing.

elizabeth mueller said...

I write while the kids are at school and in bed. That's the only way I can write! ;)

L.T. Elliot said...

Today, I didn't. But I'm having to admit that I can't do everything. I don't like it. Not one bit. ;)

Tiffany Dominguez said...

Whenever all the kids are asleep/gone to school AT THE SAME TIME, I drop whatever I'm doing and write. That's how I manage.

Thanks for commenting on my blog--much appreciated!

09 10