Read

Friday, April 16, 2010

The Naked Writer

Driving in my van (Vanessa), this afternoon, I dug around in my purse for a notebook, in case I had any ideas I needed to write down. Alas, I couldn't find even a scrap of paper. "I'm naked!" I screamed. And that's actually how I felt. It's a good thing I didn't have any kids in the car. Although at this point, they probably would have taken it in stride.
How would you feel as a writer without a pen or a pencil and something, anything to write on. Writing is darn well addictive. You have to do it. And when the urge strikes, what ever is available will do.
What have you written with or on that wasn't conventional?

6 comments:

Cheri Chesley said...

I've definitely been there. How about the back of purchase receipts, old mail, cardboard, cloth, my skin, my clothes and wood.

L.T. Elliot said...

I've written on brown paper sacks, receipts, envelopes, even a wrapper once. Most of the time I keep a notebook in my purse but the other day I was without one and ended up using a bill envelope. Best use of a bill I've seen in a long time. =]

Kimberly said...

Oh that made me laugh!

I've writen on paper towel...in the middle of the night, in the dark. The miracle was being able to decipher it in the morning!

becky said...

I thought you were going to say you get your best inspiration while taking a long, hot bath. Now there's a naked writer.

Valerie Ipson said...

I think writing in the car is unconventional and I feel guilty everytime I do it! And I TOTALLY DISLIKE being without pen and paper. It's the worst.

I'm glad I got to meet you at Storymakers!

RaShelle said...

This is a very funny post. Totally been there, done that. I have an iphone and have a notes section that i've typed on, while driving. I know, naughty. I finally pulled over. :) I used lots of other items before my phone though - blood. Kidding! You get the idea, though, whatever I could find.

09 10