If I said you had a heavenly body would you hold it against me? Yes, these are actual lyrics. In the book ‘Fall’ Julia Halstead meets two brothers who are heavenly beings. Of course she doesn’t realize this right away. Not until dark forces combine to battle for her soul.
Julia, who goes by J.D. finds herself in the quiet little town of Torrey, Utah as the project manager to remake an old school house into a bed and breakfast. It’s a big project, and Julia can’t wait to show her grandfather that she can handle it. Construction is in her blood. This is something she has always wanted to do. But when vandalism and mysterious occurrences threaten the project, Julia turns to Matthew Rigo, her demolition contractor for help. At first he seems to be an answer to her prayers, but then the nightmare begins.
Jennifer has written a story with great characters. Julia is a tough, tool toting construction gal who still caters to her feminine side. She improves her yellow construction boots with hot pink and black leopard print. She has a soft spot for the grandfather who raised her after her mother abandoned her and struggles with how she feels about her place in a family.
Liu, an elderly Asian woman who runs the towns grocery store is a great supporting character. She offers care and advice when J.D. needs her.
I won’t tell you about the men in the story, suffice it to say there are rippling muscles and meaningful glances aplenty.
Fall is a paranoramal romance even your teenager could read. No cursing or intimate scenes in this book.
You can visit Author Jeniffer Hurst’s Blog at http://jenniferhurst.wordpress.com/.
To purchase Fall go to http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/71705
You can also purchase Fall in paper back on Amazon here http://www.amazon.com/Fall-Jennifer-Hurst/dp/1463632770/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316293958&sr=8-1
Jenniffer is having a great contest to go with the release of her book. The winner will receive a gift certificate for a night’s stay at the actual bed and breakfast where the story takes place. Other prizes include an autographed copy of Fall, and 3 contestants will be randomly selected to have their names used in the sequel to Fall. They will receive a copy of the sequel when it is published.
Each blog in the tour will have a different set of questions you can answer, so enter often. Once per blog site please.
It’s so simple. Get the book, read it, answer the questions and email them to Jennifer at mailto:email@example.com
Here are the questions:
Which town is the hospital located?
What is the Name of the National Park outside of Torrey?
What kind of Cat did JD see while out running?
The other sites on this blog tour are included below. Good luck!
1. Hallie Chandler with Hallie Chandler on August 14, 2011
2. Fabulous Reads with Karen Pellet on August 15th
3. Can’t Put It Down with Jennifer Goehl on August 15th
4. Elly’s Book Shelf with Elly on August 25th
5. Fire And Ice with Heather Gardner on August 30th
6. Mudrock and Pink Nail Polish with Mandi Slack on August 31st
7. My Life in a Laptop with Michelle Jeffries on September 1st
8. Stitch Read Cook with Aislynn Thompson on September 2nd
9. What All the Kids are Reading with Tonya Christensen on September 6th
10. Cindy M Hogan with Cindy Hogan on September 7th
11. Imaginary Reads with Kris Chen on September 7th
12. Cami’s Books with Cami Checketts on September 8th
13. Writer’s Mirror with Cindy Williams on September 10th
14. Chasing Dreams with Tamara Hart Heiner on September 12th
15. A Writer’s Reality with Melissa Cunningham on September 14th
16. Debbie’s Inkspectations with Debbie Davis on September 15th
17. Write by Candlelight with Jennifer Debenham on September 15th
18. Fabulous Reads with Stephanie on September 15th
19. Crack a Spine Book Reviews with Rachel Shaw on September 16th
20. Cathy Witbeck Story Painter with Cathy Witbeck on September 17th
21. Queen of the Clan with Danyelle Ferguson on September 19th
22. Book Reviews And More Kaylynn England on September 20th
23. Musings from an LDS Writing Mom with Gaynell Parker on September 23rd
24. Pink Ink with Jewel Allen on September 26th
25. Latter Day Woman Magazine with Heidi Durant on September 27th
26. Of Writerly Things with Valerie Ipson on September 28th
27. Kaylee Baldwin with Kaylee Baldwin on September 29th
28. Queen of Chaos with Autumn Weber on October 1st
29. Best Authors Read with Theresa Sneed on October 2nd
30. Frankly Creative with Carolyn Frank on October 3rd
31. A Writer’s Eyes with Keith Fisher on October 3rd
32. J Lloyd Morgan with J Lloyd Morgan on October 5th
33. Star Crossed with Nichole Giles on October 5th
34. Heather Justesen with Heather Justesen on October 7th