Read

Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Change of Heart

In the adult session of Stake Conference, Sister Suzanne Tate (wife of Elder Warren G. Tate, area seventy) spoke about having a change of heart. When people are frustrated with their circumstances sometimes they need to turn to Alma chapter 5 and learn about the "mighty change that was wrought in their hearts."

Sister Tate listed six things we can do to have a change of heart. They include; 1. Learn and internalize who you are, because it's important to know we are children of God and get closer to him through scripture study and prayer. 2. Be in control of your thoughts and behavior. Before you react, think, "how do I choose to let this affect me?" 3. Make peace with your past so it won't ruin your future.
 4. Relationships are opportunities to grow and improve. 5. Be a beacon of joy and happiness. 6. Forgive everyone for everything and look to yourself for change.

I appreciated Sister Tate's talk, because there are times when I find myself in need of a change of heart. Having the tools to assist me in this goal is invaluable. 





1 comment:

Bonnie Gwyn said...

Thanks for posting this. I think I needed to hear it this morning. :)

09 10