Read

Monday, November 12, 2012

Make a pop-up nativity card.


I have a son on an LDS Mission in New York City. I wanted to send him a nativity set for Christmas, but the boy is pretty much living out of a suitcase for the next two years and I didn't want to send him anything bulky. My solution, a pop-up nativity card. After I finished making it, I wanted to share it. So here it is.


pop-up nativity 
If you click on it, it will take you to Picassa where if you click on it again you have the option of downloading it onto your computer in the form of a jpg. from there, you can print it.
You will notice on Picassa that there is an arrow, indicating that there is more than one photo on the site. If you click on the arrow, it will take you to a colored image. Again, you can download that image and print it on your computer if you'd rather skip the coloring part.

After you have colored your page, you will notice there are lines to follow. Take an exacto knife and using a ruler as a guide, cut all the vertical (up and down) lines. Using the back of a butter knife, score or indent it along the horizontal (side to side) lines. Don't forget the horizontal line where the stable meets the floor and the picture folds. You can cut out the stable and the hay as I did in the photo above, or you can simply cut the paper around it a bit smaller to fit in your card.

On the side bar, you can see the card cover. If you click on it, it will take you to Scribd where you can print a pdf of the cover. It's in black and white, but as you can see from the card above, I printed it on red card stock.

I hope this activity works for you and that you have a wonderful holiday season.

3 comments:

Cindy Beck, author said...

Cute idea, Cathy. You are so creative! And I'm sure your son will love it.

Oh ... and thanks for stopping by and commenting on my article, "Making a Marriage Last ... by C.L. Beck." I got a kick out of what you said! :)

Elliah A. Terry said...

Cute! You are so creative.

Glenna Muse said...

Awesome idea!

09 10